While visiting every country on the planet is a dream of mine, some parts of the United States definitely seem like countries of their own. Hawaii and Alaska are two such states. I’ve already been to Hawaii, so now it was time to head to Alaska.
Alaska is the perfect place to do a road trip. The landscape is gorgeous, the roads are smooth and long, and traffic outside the capital is sparse. So, toddler in tow, we planned a 9 day road trip in Alaska, starting at Anchorage, visiting Denali National Park in the north, and Kenai Fjords National Park in the south. Below is our itinerary, and detailed posts on each day.
- Day 1: Fly to Anchorage
- Day 2: One day in Anchorage city
- Day 3: Drive to Denali National Park
- Day 4: One day in Denali National Park
- Day 5: Drive back to Anchorage via Hatchers pass
- Day 6: Drive to Seward
- Day 7: Cruise on Kenai Fjords National Park
- Day 8: One day in Seward
- Day 9: Drive back to Anchorage and fly out
I’ve written a separate post about traveling with the baby, and stuff I carried here: Baby gear that I travel with