We visited the beautiful country of Argentina in 2016, with our toddler Baby V! Argentina is a large country, and it was hard to plan to see a lot of places, since we did not want to move around often with a baby. So, we narrowed it down to 4 regions – Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, Bariloche, and El Calafate in Patagonia. I was really tempted to include the Salta region because it looked spectacular, but 15 days was not enough. Here is our itinerary:
- Argentina: Day 1: Arrival at Buenos Aires
- Argentina: Day 2: One Day in Buenos Aires
- Argentina: Day 3: Buenos Aires and the Aerolineas Argentinas Labor Strike
- Argentina: Day 4: Buenos Aires, Recoleta Cemetery, and arriving in Iguazu
- Argentina: Day 5: Iguazu Falls!
- Argentina: Day 6: Macuco trail and Salto Arrechea at Iguazu falls!
- Argentina: Day 7: Iguazu to Bariloche
- Argentina: Day 8: Short Circuit Drive in Bariloche!
- Argentina: Day 9: Route of the Seven Lakes from Bariloche!
- Argentina: Day 10: Colonia de Suiza and Bariloche!
- Argentina: Day 11: Bariloche to El Calafate!
- Argentina: Day 12: Perito Merino Glacier in El Calafate!
- Argentina: Day 13: Mountain Biking in El Calafate!
- Argentina: Day 14: El Chalten day trip from El Calafate
- Argentina: Day 15: Back to Buenos Aires
Here’s a quick video on our trip to Argentinian Patagonia!
Being vegetarian on the other hand was manageable, especially since we ended up making our own meals most of the time – Traveling Vegetarian in Argentina!
See here for my other posts on traveling with a baby.
A map of our itinerary:
Hey Pavi, found you on FB when you replied to me. Thanks for sharing.
Here are two links for me to share with you- A Look, Taste, + Feel of Buenos Aires and my experience in Bariloche, Climbing Thunder Mountain in Patagonia- Mount Tronador and also …
Spending A Night atop the Glacier of Mount Tronador hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave a comment. cheers! And thanks for replying, although it was a year late 🙂
Wow ! Excellent writing and blogging all your trips Pavithra ! Thanks for sharing all your experiences and you guys rock !